Sunday, April 27, 2008

Someone's Watching Over Me

Someone's Watching Over Me
Hilary Duff

I found myself today
Oh, I found myself and ran away
But something pulled me back
A voice of reason, I forgot I had
All I know is you're not here to say
What you always used to say
But it’s written in the sky tonight

[Chorus:]
So I won’t give up
No, I won’t break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I’m standing in the dark I’ll still believe
Someone’s watching over me

I’ve seen that ray of light
And it’s shining on my destiny
Shining all the time
And I won’t be afraid
To follow everywhere it’s taking me
All I know is yesterday is gone
And right now I belong
To this moment, to my dreams

[Chorus]

It doesn’t matter what people say
And it doesn’t matter how long it takes
Believe in yourself
And you’ll fly high
And it only matters how true you are
Be true to yourself and follow your heart

So I won’t give up
No I won’t break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I’m standing in the dark I’ll still believe...

That I won’t give up
No I won’t break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even when it all goes wrong
When I’m standing in the dark I’ll still believe...

That someone’s watching over,
Someone's watching over,
Someone's watching over me
(Yeah yeah, oh oh...)
Someone's watching over me

Jottings:
It's 4.30am now as I type this. I've just finished a major portion of my heavy assignments. Though it seems as if I'm done, I have to admit that the journey of frustrations and mental blockage has just begun.

But just as I was listening to some songs while doing up my assignment, this song just caught my attention. No doubt, the melody was catchy; but what made me search for the lyrics was the bits and pieces I hear in the song. Inspiring it is.

I just realized that in every person, be they strong or weak emotionally, there will always be a part within that desires companionship. Though many mask this need (which I don't think it foolish, for it is a defensive mechanism), they fail to experience the care and love they desperately need.

Yet, should they do otherwise, there will be a huge possibility they be hurt; and should such continue, they would withdraw to self-pity, solitude...

We need somebody to love. We need somebody to care. We need somebody to continually tell us that we are loved and treasured - no matter how rusted we are.

But face the truth, nobody out there will specially do such a benevolent philanthropic thing for us, because they are experiencing the same thing too.

At the end of the day, it boils down to this: how much do we love ourselves. If we knew how to cherish ourselves, if we knew how to love ourselves, if we knew how important we are to ourselves, then we wouldn't first seek comfort from others; we would be assured that we are loved, because we first love ourselves.

Love, then, begins from ourselves.

Let us conquer our worse enemies - ourselves.

No comments: